Fishing License

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri May 12 03:00:28 UTC 2006

Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 09:50 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
>
>> The point is how many people actually read and understand the EULA.
>>

> And how many could?  Masses of unintelligble gumph, written in the most
> hard to read manner.
>
> Where's the witness to attest that it was I who agreed to the
> thing?  ;-\

You had to click on the "I agree" button to install it.  The fact that
its installed is evidence that you clicked on it.  And it will continue
to be so until some judge with enough balls to say that they are all
null and void because of the legaleze isn't even readable by hizonor
sets a legal precedent.  So if in your locale, you get a chance to vote
for judges, do some intelligent voting.

--

Cheers, Gene