FC5 - Logwatch reports stopped

Don Russell fedora at drussell.dnsalias.com
Fri May 12 14:16:16 UTC 2006

Usually I receive a Logwatch report via e-mail everyday, timestamped at
0402 LOCAL TIME.

Today is the second day in a row I did not receive a report at all?

I tried running logwatch as root with --print but after a minute or so,
there is nothing displayed and the command prompt is displayed again?

What would cause logwatch to stop reporting things? Where are the log
files it uses to build the daily report?

The report showed things such as which updates were installed, current
disk space, log in attempts (successful and failed)

It's not as if none of those things happened.

How does Logwatch get started each day? crontab -l doesn't show anything
for root?

Thanks for any suggestions... :-)