Where things stand

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Sat May 13 19:10:04 UTC 2006

On Sat, 13 May 2006 09:48:11 -0600, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com>
opined:

>     This all has been educational but I must say that Fedora Core 4
> and 5 are not for a person who knows little about a computer.
>
>     I wonder if a person d/l FC4 from a mirror today does it have
> the lib or is it still missing it?

I'm somewhat bewildered by this post. Rather than upgrade, I did a
clean install of FC5 on my laptop; Did a "yum -y update" and it ran
perfectly "out of the box." The only necessary tweak was to kill
Beagle which was consuming too many cycles.

I honestly believe that the average Windows user who takes the time
to READ THE RELEASE NOTES, can install FC5 without much difficulty.

Most problems seem to occur when people mix out-of-distro software
before they really know what they are doing.

I love to tinker - sometimes recklessly with source builds and
recompiling customized rpms. Yet, even I have been unable to seriously
damage FC5.

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
The Dirty Dozen Spammiest Ranges: http://tqmcube.com/dirty12.php