gMFSK Blues

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun May 14 19:26:10 UTC 2006

Rickey Moore wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 19:28 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>
>>     I compiled a copy of this application for FC4 and it looks perfect.
>> But when I tried to use it it does not get any signal from the speaker
>> of the radio. I can send tones to the soundcard DSB engine and turn on
>> the transmitter and send data in any of several modes. But data from the
>> radio to the computer is not there. I recall others complaining about this.
>>

> Is your soundcard set to full duplex?
    I do not think so. Here is what I did and it works! On the Volume
Control there are little X that you can put over a speaker or a
microphone and there is a chain looking thing you can leave and both
levers move together or you can break the chain and they are seperate.

    Now I started to just fool with these things with gMFSK running and
after beaking a chain it started to work! I saw signals from the radio.
I wrote down all the settings and even took a picture of the thing. I
talked back east from NM and it's working fine.

    Thanks for the full-duplex idea! That is what the problem was.

Karl