re triple boot - accomplished

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu May 18 01:08:38 UTC 2006

Jerryw4386 wrote:
>  Hi
>> I do have the triple boot working now
>
> HI Jim
> I had to do this just to let myself know what this was all about also.
> 8 mib master boot record

It was quite an out of ordinary arrangement for partitioning. Be careful
as to not remove hda2 which contains all the information to segregate
your partitions besides the windows partition. All the other partitions
seem to be contained in the extended partition.

> HI
> Serge    re tripple boot - vol 27,issue 208
> this is something that may or may not happen way down the road
> I am not in the process of removeing partitions at this time.

It would probably be best to have a backup of configuration files in
/etc where you needed to make out of the ordinary adjustments and of
your user files and do a clean install later down the road.
Then again, running several distros might allow you to make suggestions
for features missing on one to the other distribution. Fedora needs
better wireless support and Mandriva probably is missing something that
should be included in its distribution that Fedora excels in.

Jim