Exhanging files with XP ?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu May 18 03:17:02 UTC 2006

Miata Red wrote:
> While running XP I have created a FAT32 partition with the intention of
> saving files to share between XP and FC.
>
> When I run FC I cannot open the drive, the FAT32 -  Permission Denied...
>
> How can I set permissions properly ?

Are you mounting the partition using an entry in /etc/fstab, or
mounting it manually? It ether case, you need to specify the
permissions you want as part of the mount command. The defaults will
 give you a file system that only root can write to. Here is what I
use on one of my systems:

/dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat
umask=0,user,iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850 0 0

Look at "man mount" for information on the options.

Mikkel