Gnome PalmPilot sucks!

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu May 18 16:25:01 UTC 2006

    I spent over an hour with my Palm Z22 pilot and FC4 Gnome setting up
Linux to work with my PalmPilot. I am happy to say I got it working as
far as Gnome has gone with it. I did luck into the way to take
everything out of my device and store a copy of it on my Linux in
HOME/MyPilot/. I just did ls and it's all there. I read all the help
files and there is no way to READ a file in MyPilot! It's in the code
that works with the Palm computer in the device. We have no such reader
in Linux.

    So I I can't write something difficult on this computer and send it
to my Pilot. This is at least 60% of what I do on Windows. So Gmome has
a great start but they are not ready yet.

Karl