Lost video suddently during boot up - FC5

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Sat May 20 21:12:37 UTC 2006

In case single user mode is necessary, this might be useful

 single user mode by performing the following:

1. At the boot loader menu, use the arrow keys to highlight the installation
you want
    to edit and type [A] to enter into append mode.
2. You are presented with a prompt that looks similar to the following:
             grub append> ro root=LABEL=/
3. Press the Spacebar once to add a blank space, then add the word single to
tell
    GRUB to boot into single-user Linux mode. The result should look like
the following:
            ro root=LABEL=/ single
4. Press [Enter] and GRUB will boot single-user Linux mode. After it nishes
    be presented with a shell prompt similar to the following:
            sh-2.05b#
5. You can now edit files or change the root password.
6. you can troubleshoot filesystems, etc