simple way to receive fax

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun May 21 16:06:57 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 00:20, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-20-05 at 21:55 -0700, Timothy Payne wrote:
> > I'm using FC5 and KDE, but can't seem to locate the KDE app to do so.
> > I'm tired of tossing good fax paper from junk faxes.  I'm using an old
> > Win98 box now, but it keeps crashing.  Is that a rare thing to
> > happen? :-)
>
> You can setup a fax server using Hylafax.  Check out the project website
> for more info (just Google Hylafax).

Hylafax is probably the best for industrial-strength fax
sending (more than 1 modem, etc.) but if you just want to
receive to an image file that you can preview before
printing, mgetty and mgetty-viewfax will work fine and
mgetty-sendfax will send them.  All of those are in the
core fedora repository.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com