Fax/answering machine software?

Daniel Hedlund daniel at digitree.org
Sun May 21 18:04:08 UTC 2006

Thomas,

Have a look at the following software.  It's callled vgetty and turns a
voice modem into an answering machine:
http://alpha.greenie.net/vgetty/

There are a few frontends to vgetty, TkVoice appearing to be one of the
more popular:
http://tkvoice.netfirms.com/index.html

You can also try searching Freshmeat.net, which seems to have quite a
few results related to answering machines under Linux:
http://freshmeat.net/search/?q=answering+machine&section=projects&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

You'll probably need a modem with voice support that works under Linux
which might be hard to find.

Hope this helps,

Daniel Hedlund
daniel at digitree.org