usb hotplug in FC5

Valentin Kuznetsov vkuznet at gmail.com
Mon May 22 02:18:10 UTC 2006

Hi, since hotplug is depricated in FC5, what is general guidelines to use
USB devices?
I want hotplug, I don't want to write everytime a new rule in
/etc/udev/rule.d/ (:
I want to plug and use my USB device and I want to able to do it with KDE.
For example I wrote a new rule for my SD-card USB reader, so I was able to
add new mount point in /etc/fstab, and was able to invoke mount for this
point.
But if I use KDE and click on icon I got the following message:
"Feature is only available with HAL". So, how should I enable HAL w/ KDE?

Comments/suggestions/critisim are very welcome.
Valentin.