Error 15: File not found after FC 5 Install

philbrog at ptd.net philbrog at ptd.net
Mon May 22 02:52:30 UTC 2006

I installed the 5-CD set of Fedora Core 5 and within 5 seconds after I press
Enter on the GRUB menu, it displays these messages:

Booting 'Fedora Core (2.4.22-1.2115.nptl)'

root (hd0,0)
 Filesystem is ext2fs, partition type 0x83
kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl ro root=LABEL=/

Error 15: File not found

Press any key to continue...

Whenever I press any key, it takes me back to the GRUB menu.  When I press
Enter from GRUB, it takes me through the error sequence I describe above.

Thanks for your time, I hope you can help.