Email character set conversion in procmail

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon May 22 15:05:55 UTC 2006

Does anyone have a procmail recipe for email character set conversion? I
help to run an email newsletter, where people send in contributions that
get edited together into a single message that is then sent out to all
the list members. It would be nice if all of the incoming messages were
in the same character set (e.g. utf8, iso-8859-1, whatever) from the
point of view of pasting them into a single document, but I haven't been
able to find a recipe for doing this automatically. Any suggestions?

Paul.