fstab-synch

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon May 22 23:05:25 UTC 2006

    I have been still setting up my FC4 Home computer and got to the
file /etc/fstab and it was a MESS!!! First the location of the root
directory is in a stupid LIST/123456 form. Why can't it be /dev/hdb7
like it really is?

    Next was the swap directories. It had non-sense addresses for both
swap directories. Really BAD! I changed it by erasing the /dev/hda swap
and then re-writing the /dev/hdb3 SWAP just like that. This has been
working and fstab-synch has not messed with it.

    I pluged in my usb portable hard drive and it must have been
fstab-synch that wrote that /media/usbdrive/ now exits. It worked just fine.

Karl