video/movie manipulation tools

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue May 23 14:26:23 UTC 2006

fredex wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've taken some small movies with my Kodak DX7440 digital camera. These
> are 640x480 quicktime movies.
>
> Unfortunately, not thinking at the time, I took some of them in portrait
> mode instead of landscape.
>
> Can any of you suggest a tool (for Linux, of course! :) that I can use
> to rotate these movies 90 degrees?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Fred

You could use mplayer/mencoder.  Convert the video to tiff images.  Then
use ImageMagick to rotate/modify the images to suit and then use
mencoder to re-create the video in a format you want.

If the file was an avi, you could just open it in gimp and rotate all
layers.

Also check out transcode.

--
Robin Laing