Will HAL be updated during the lifetime of FC5?

Trond Danielsen trond.danielsen at gmail.com
Fri May 26 14:31:41 UTC 2006

Hi,

I wonder if it can be expected that hal will upgraded during the
lifetime of fc5 (other than security fixes)? A quick compare between
the cvs version at freedesktop and the one provided by fc5 shows that
several common usb-music-players have been added (I didn't check the
other). Why does this make a difference? Because it would enable apps
like rhythmbox to know that it is a music player that has been plugged
in, and take the appropriate action (sync, add stuff to playlist etc).

--
Trond Danielsen