Run Another X Window as Another User?

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Tue May 30 13:21:57 UTC 2006

Tim wrote:
> I thought it was more than just "console issues", as you don't get
> sound, either.  And what about when you plug in hotplugable items (flash
> drives, etc.), which user gets to own them?
Hi All,

so this sound issue hasn't been resolved yet? That's pretty ordinary for
such a mature distro(or is it more to do with the Desktop developers?).
Either way, very disappointing, indeed. How am I to convince others to
leave Windows when this kind of stuff still lags behind? Cheers.

Mark Sargent.