OT question about time tracking consultant software

Rickey Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed May 31 12:26:14 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 12:39 -0400, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I greatly apologize for asking this question on the forum but I was not
> sure where to find out good information on this topic.
>
> We are setting up a Fedora server and on that server, I need to locate
> some good web based software that will allow some tech support
> consultants to login, enter information on a customers support issues,
> and something that will track the amount of time that the tech spends
> resolving a customers issue.

> Thanks and again I am sorry for the off-topic posting.
> Lonnie

Lonnie, I don't beleive it's too off-topic to ask how to make Fedora
actually do useful work. In my marketing days I used ACT, which was a
professional time management / scheduling / contact manager. It was
great to actually become organized, for a change. It cost 800 bucks.

Now I use the KDE applications Korganizer, Kontact and Kaddressbook, and
there is one I haven't had to mess with yet, Kprojectmanager. There is a
lot of functionality in those that do what ACT did, for no cost. You
might check them out and see if they can be modified for your needs.
I've modified Kaddressbook's database format to my own needs and use it
alot. It's a start. Ric