First selinux problem, help!

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Wed Nov 8 15:57:34 UTC 2006

Paul Howarth wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:
>> I just encountered my first problem with selinux.  As I'm just now
>> losing my selinux virginity, I need help.  I have a process that I
>> can't kill since apparently the SIGKILL permission wasn't granted to
>> it.  How do I go about fixing that?
>
> You need to post the selinux denial message you're getting, so that we
> can see what is trying to send a signal to what.
>
> Paul.

Duh.  Sorry.  I'm trying to do about a million things here.  Here it is:

Nov  8 10:34:26 localhost kernel: audit(1163000066.441:216): avc:
denied  { sigkill } for  pid=28872 comm="bash"
scontext=user_u:system_r:unconfined_t:s0
tcontext=root:system_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c255 tclass=process

What I'm trying to kill is a perl script (rsnapshot).

--
Ceterum censeo, Carthago delenda est.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator