LiveCD, Kadischi, Managed Network Logins via GDM

Dan Trainor dan.trainor at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 18:04:35 UTC 2006

Hi, all -

I've been prowling the list archives, and Google, and haven't been able
to come up with any solid answers.  I'd like to rehash this subject if I
may.

I'm looking for a way to make a simple Live CD for our tech department,
which would ultimately allow them to automagically mount a homedir via
NFS or even CIFS once authenticated through some interface such as GDM.
  Ultimately, since it's a Live CD, I think it's imperative that a
homedir is mounted to store application settings and such - firefox
history, thunderbird mail stores, etc etc.

I know there's gotta be a handful of people out there who have managed
to pull this off, but I can't seem to find a solid solution in my notes.
  Is my goal here completely out of the question, or am I just not
looking in the right places?

I've been toying around with Kadischi, which I think is plenty
appropriate for building the Live CDs themselves, and I think it's
simply all about hacking everything together from that point forward.

Thanks for time time
-dant