Unable To Write To DVD

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Wed Nov 29 07:53:05 UTC 2006

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>     I have an IBM ThinkPad T-30 and I recently bought a DVD+RW drive
>> to use with it.  I had downloaded a DVD iso file from one of the
>> Fedora Core 6 mirrors.  When I try to write the iso file to a DVD +R
>> disk, I continue to get the error "The data does not fit on disk.
>> The .iso file is 3.3G and the disk is 4.7G.  What gives?  I am using
>> K3b to burn the data to the disk but I continue to come up with this
>> problem.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any help would be
>> greatly appreciated.
>>

> Try writing from a command prompt instead:
>
> growisofs -Z /dev/dvdwriter=FC-6-i386-DVD.iso
>
> First check that /dev/dvdwriter exists and is a symlink
> to the correct drive.
>
> Mogens

Hello Mogens,

    I checked to see if there was a symlink was present for
/dev/dvdwriter.  First, there no dvdwriter file present.  The only thing
I see is are symlinks for the previous DVD-ROM (which was a removable
drive) which says "dvd" and "dvd-hdc". How do I create this file  with a
symlink, or should the OS recognize this on its own and create the
symlinks?  Please help.

--
Jeffrey D. Yuille
44 Royal Drive, apt # 103