Installation problem

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Oct 5 10:34:35 UTC 2006

Venkat N wrote:
> Thank you Jim.Thanks for your immediate reply. I replaced the driver
> 'radeon' with 'vesa'   in xorg.conf file . Now I am able to go to GUI
> mode. I set the resolution to 1024x768. Now its looking good.
>
> -venkat

It is great that using the vesa driver instead of the radeon driver
works for you.
I was wondering also about the possibility that all of the options that
you used during install still being loaded in the /etc/grub.conf (linked
file). Some of the options that you installed with might limit the
functionality of your running system.
For example, if I install with the option ide=nodma it will be loaded in
the grub.file when the install is completed. If I installed with acpi=on
it would also be in the grub.conf file and would ensure the option is on.
I suppose that the install options are limiting your installed system
somewhat regarding the video performance.
What does your grub.conf file have as options on the kernel line?

Jim

--
In 1880 the French captured Detroit but gave it back ... they couldn't
get parts.