smart package mgr question?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Oct 2 16:22:05 UTC 2006

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 09:37:33PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:

> What am I pointing out is that what functionality RPM offers is
> different from what is being designed for.

It was designed for allowing downgrades and it has this
functionality. So there is no such difference for the topic discussed.

> I never heard any RPM developer describe rpm's ability to do
> downgrades as part of its design (quite the opposite) nor did I see
> it being described as such in any RPM guides.

I just gave you a quote out of the "RPM guides" that explicitely does
so that you trimmed in your reply. Didn't you read it?

And wrt rpm developers stating that rpm does not support downgrades -
since you don't want to check the archives/bugzilla, I challenge you
to state that on rpm user/devel list. I'm sure you'll read some strong
rectifying answers on that. ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net