fc6 test 3 help

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 2 17:53:41 UTC 2006

Guy Schlosser wrote:
> Hey all, if I could get some help with FC6, test 3, I'd greatly
> appreciate it.  I installed my FC6 test 3 from a DVD ISO, and have two
> problems.  Number 1:  When I run Yum, I get an error that says "cannot
> read repomd.xml".  2: there is no GCC on my hard drive.  I selected the
> web server check boxes during the package installation, and all seemed
> to go OK.  Can I install more packages (such as GCC)?  What is the best
> way to do that?  Also, how can I get yum to work for me?  Thanks in
> advance for any help.

The mirror list had some issues in test 3. Try uncommenting that and
enabling the base url in the repo files in /etc/yum.repos.d.  Once you
do that, you should be able to do, yum install gcc.

Note that fedora-test list has already these discussions and is a better
place to ask test release/test updates questions.

Rahul