pdf files don't display in mozilla and firefox

Yuandan Zhang yuandan.zhang at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 11:18:52 UTC 2006

On 03/10/06, Macintyre, Ross A <R.A.Macintyre at hw.ac.uk> wrote:

>  I take it you mean mozplugger, and not moplugger? And this site is down
> by the way.

yes, i meant mozplugger

The thing is when I look at the plugins installed (Help/About Plug-ins) it
> tells me that mozplugger 1.7.3 is there, so what good is it going to be to
> check this website.
>
> Or are you saying that I should install the latest mozplugger.

lastest verion may be better

I have a lot of people relying on getting this right so I don't want to mess
> up.
>

> What I do notice is that looking at the plugins it suggests that
> mozplugger already handles pdf files AND Adobe Reader 7.0 handles them
> too!

the default pdf handler is acrobat reader

So (as a newbie to mozplugger) I thought I'd try and see if editing
> /etc/mozpluggerrc and commenting out the pdf entries would change things and
> let the Adobe Reader 7.0 ones work instead. But the pdf mozplugger entries
> are still there! This didn't make any difference.
>

> What I haven't said is that at one time I tried running
> /usr/lib/acroread/Browser/install_browser_plugin and it did work!
>
> I then changed something and now it doesn't.
>
> I have a lab of 100 machines and they are all configured the same way. I
> thought I could figure out what
> /usr/lib/acroread/Browser/install_browser_plugin did and then copy it round
> all the machines but I haven't figured it out yet.
>

> When this site comes on-line again I will have a look.

once you get it, use this site to test things
http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger/test.html

Ross