ATI and GLX graphics

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Wed Oct 4 15:59:52 UTC 2006

I had a system with a NVIDIA card, but the images on the screen were
fuzzy.  I had GLX  for the NVDIA card installed.

I replaced the graphics card with an ATI card and am now trying to
get the GLX graphics working again.

I have tried to delete all references and drivers for the NVDIA card
from the system.
I have upgraded the system from FC 2 to FC 3  to separate the NVDIA
drivers from the kernel.
I have "sh ati-driver-installer-8.28.8.run"

When I reboot the system, glx does not work.

Xorg.0.log contains:
(EE) Failed to initialize GLX extension (NVIDIA X driver not found)

I don't see any warning messages  in /var/log/messages concerning the
graphics.

How can I get glx working on this system?

Thanks for your help.