Positive Fedora Vibes

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sat Oct 7 15:26:19 UTC 2006

Hi folks -

Just caught up on the current Linux Action Show podcast while cooking
the tea here

http://www.linuxactionshow.com/?p=43

These guys are ex-Mac folks, recent believers in Ubuntu, but in this
episode one of them tries FC6 Tests and is converted.  He was using
specifically a Mac box that liked Fedora a lot more than Ubuntu, but
still, he was remarking not only on the art and the finish and polish of
it but the stability and speed.

Despite it just got pushed out a little I also think FC6 will be the
best Fedora ever, a very fast hibernate is working on this Intel-based
laptop, and so is Compiz: ipw3945 wireless works with minor fiddling.

And then there's this:

http://smallbusiness.itworld.com/4383/nls_networking061005/pfindex.html

''...I estimate each Vista user will cost your company between $3,250
and $5,000. That's each and every Vista user. ...''

-Andy