problem with audio card

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 21:37:21 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-10-07 at 21:23 +0200, dead_horus wrote:
> i have an ac97 audio card and my fedora core2 doesn't recognise
> it. can you tell me what i have to do?

Consider a major upgrade to FC5... it's not bad advice. I'm not even
joking atcha. <everyone breathes a major sigh of relief> Issues such as
your's have long been since resolved, and if you can move the files you
need to keep to backup, freshly re-install and not try the upgrade
route. It's way too huge a jump and too many things WILL BREAK! <g>
Trust me on this.

Maybe you should read my book, "Fear and Loathing in Upgrades"

Ric

...the Sin of Ignorance, and
...the Sin of Stupidity.

Linux user# 44256