fc4 on memory stick

Mike Wright xktnniuymlla at mailinator.com
Mon Oct 9 17:42:45 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Spent all yesterday searching google and experimenting but couldn't find
what I was looking for.

Sometime ago I bought a 1G memory stick for $20US and managed to
repartition and reformat it and copy enough FC4 onto it to have a
bootable device, basically turning a USB memory stick into a USB drive.
It has proven very useful as a recovery tool and as a network debugger.

I'm pretty sure it was done with instructions from a link I found on
this list.  The instructions were very good, covering everything from
the MBR to the making of a USB capable initrd.  Unfortunately, I haven't
a clue where to find it again.

Anybody remember seeing this link or know where it can be found?

Thanks for any help,
Mike Wright  :m)