Unable to use floppy dirve

Jeffrey D. Yuille jeffy5 at optonline.net
Tue Oct 10 21:24:08 UTC 2006

Hello,

      I have not used my floppy drive in a long time.  However, when I
did a recent clean install of Fedora Core 5 and had to copy a file to a
floppy, the drive did not appear on the desktop.  I had put the floppy
into the drive and the system does not seem to recognize that there is a
floppy there.  There is no floppy icon, nothing.  I also see that I have
the same problem on my laptop (which has Fedora Core 5 installed on it
also).

     Doesn't anyone know how to correct this situation?  It seems that
the system is not recognizing the floppy dirve at all.

Jeff