FC5 SAMBA security=share [homes] problem

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 10:35:11 UTC 2006

On Thursday 12 October 2006 11:22, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Gary Stainburn wrote:
>
> > Server not using user level security and no password supplied.
>
> Have you added an entry for igaunt in the smbpasswd file using the
> command smbpasswd?

Sorry, should have said so, yes I have.

The problem appears to be that Samba isn't choosing the user, but I don't know
why. The user map entries in the log don't appear to return anything.

I've also tried calling it as

smbclient //larry2/igaint%igaunt <password>

but that's not made any difference.
--
Gary Stainburn