Intel(r) Core™2 Duo Processors"

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Thu Oct 12 17:20:35 UTC 2006

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Until I read you answer, I didn't know enough about the subject to
> expect anything.

What I meant was "why are you upgrading, and what are you currently
finding slow?"

> When I buy a new proccessor/mb I'm going to
> reinstall, and I want to know what to install. I do understand that I
> will need to install SMP kernel.

The x86_64 kernel is SMP anyway, and I believe that in FC6, the 32 bit
one will be, too.

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | The TV networks don't know what to do about the loss of
aprilcottage.co.uk | eyeballs, and are prepared to try absolutely everything