Need baseurl info for two repositories - SOLVED

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Oct 12 21:19:26 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-12 at 11:42 -0700, George Arseneault wrote:

> --- Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> wrote:
>

> > The default configuration uses mirrorlists rather
> > than baseurls, which
> > is why the baseurls are commented out.
> >
> > Paul.
> >

> But, unfortunatly, when there is no baseurl, yum
> (add/remove software, yumex, etc.) error and boot you
> out of the program.

It shouldn't do if there's a mirrorlist entry, at least one that works.
I recall there being a lot of issues with the mirrorlists when FC5 first
came out but I never saw those myself as I always used local mirrors.

> I had to use kyum to figure that
> out. See bugzilla bug #190405. (assuming you want a chuckle)

I wouldn't trust kyum's repo parser if I was you. It doesn't parse them
according to the documented file format (i.e. the manpage). For another
chuckle, see bug #190886.

Paul.