OT: Future of DejaVu

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Fri Oct 13 20:49:04 UTC 2006

Mike McCarty wrote:
> I recently installed the official viewer for Fedora, and it's
> a terrible mess. It craps out when printing one page, ...

FWIW, that's not my experience: installation was seamless ('yum install
djvulibre'), including mozilla plugin support. I've only tried printing
a few pages, but the only glitch was when I tried to use the main
browser menu to print, instead of the viewer menu.

This is with djvulibre-3.5.17 on FC5.

It seems like really useful technology and now that there's a complete
OSS toolchain (or so I hear; I'm no expert here), it seems hopeful that
it may become an established standard.

<Joe