Intel(r) Core?2 Duo Processors"

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Sat Oct 14 13:25:25 UTC 2006

John Wendel wrote:
> Look at the Xorg Time. Doesn't 347:19.29 with an uptime of 15:35 seem
> extremely high? On my box, X uses about 4 minutes / hour of uptime.
>
> And the load averages on most of the desktops I use are mostly in the
> 0.1 - 0.3 range. This box has something eating CPU. I don't think the
> file system is the problem.

Dotan Cohen replied:
> Thanks, John. What would be a first good step to diagnos this?

First thing *I'd* check is that you're not using a VESA driver. That
*will* eat processor time, since it's getting the processor to do a lot
of stuff that a graphics card will do much more efficiently.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | Pigs are clearly vegetables: they grow in orchards, under