OT DHCP-DDNS question

Bryan Hepworth bryan at redfedora.co.uk
Mon Oct 23 22:16:40 UTC 2006

>>> bryan at coxagri.com:
>>>
>>> Compounded by minature text.  Why is it that every HTML mail I
>>> receive uses fleaspeck tiny text?
>>>
>> The real question is why did he use HTML for the mailing list.
>
> Simple mistake.  And it was a multipart/alternative message that
> contained both a text/plain and a text/html part.
>
>> And yes, I usually have to use a magnifying glass to read HTML
>> formatted mail.
>
> Another valid question to me is why can't Evolution be told to prefer
> text/plain to text/html when it encounters a multipart/alternative
> message?

OK I tried to repent of my heinous crime of posting in HTML by following it
up with a reply in plain text. Sorry peeps it was an accident, please forive
me...

Back to my original question.

I came across a better article explaining dhcrelay that is on the lines of
what I thought it would do.
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2003/05/15/FreeBSD_Basics.html?page=last

>From what you're saying Tim it's better to have a DHCP and DNS server on
each segment and having that update the main DNS box. I was just thinking
that the relay one might have been simpler but I guess not in reality. It's
not that I have a vast amount of machines to configure at all, I was just
looking for the most elegant painless solution.

Bry