Installing FC6 on VPC 2007

Eric Mader emader at icu-project.org
Thu Oct 26 00:21:06 UTC 2006

Charles Curley wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 01:47:38PM -0600, Phil Meyer wrote:
>> Eric Mader wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>

>> It is normal behavior for the text install to set the default run level
>> to 3.
>>
>> Edit /etc/inittab and change the default run level to 5 after doing a
>> text install if you want X to run thereafter.
>
> Run system-config-display (or the FC6 analog) to set up your display
> before running X.
>
> The first run stuff only runs if X is running.

Thanks! I forgot all about /etc/inittab; haven't had to mess with it
since my LinuxPPC days ;-). After channging the default run level to 5
and restarting, the system runs the graphical startup stuff and then
drops me back into tty1. I can hit CTRL+ALT+F7 to get the graphical
login screen. What do I need to change to make this automatic?

(Boy, I really wish the graphical installer had worked...)

Regards,
Eric