Livna ATI driver and Compiz

Hi
Having some issues with this. I installed kmod-fglrx, ran aticonfig -- initial then ati-fglrx-config-display enable. I can get compiz to work. I keep getting the "Desktop Effects could not be enable" message. I tried to modify my xorg.conf to what I've read here and the list and didn't work.
When I run glxinfo, it says:

Xlib: extension "Xfree86-DRI"  missing on display ":0.0"
direct rendering: No

Has anyone got this ATI driver to work with compiz?

EJ