FC5 Efax

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 04:21:19 UTC 2006

2006/10/26, Tod Merley <todbot88 at gmail.com>:
> On 10/25/06, antonio montagnani <antonio.montagnani at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Trying to set up my box also a faxing machine.
> > What does it mean???
> >
> > Socket avviato sulla porta 9900
> > efax-0.9a: 00:01:27 Error: can't open pre-lock file
> > /var/lock/TMP..03746: Permission denied
> > efax-0.9a: 00:01:27 failed page /home/antonio/prova.001
> > efax-0.9a: 00:01:27 finished - unrecoverable error
> >

> > Any help???
> > --
> > Antonio Montagnani
> > Skype : antoniomontag
> >
> > --
> >
> Hi antonio montagnani!
>
> I am no expert.
>
> Lock files usually mean that "someone else" (maybe you as another user
> or befor a re-boot) were useing the utility so a "lock file" was set
> up to make sure that only one user at a time may use the utility
> (happens once in a while with Firefox and it's user parameter files).
>
> The usual "fix" (if you know there are no other users) is to be root
> and delete the file.
>
> It may be that your user has no permissions to /var/lock or that the
> program has not permissions to /var/lock.
>
> Good Hunting!
>
> Tod
>
> --

Tnx Tod

Some more information:
I am using a Fritz ISDN card
I installed fcpi from aTRPMs

I re-booted and fcpi module is loaded

I started efax (with gtk-efax), I told that modem is eth2 (eth0 and
eth1 are my network adapters)
I prepared a postcript file
I tried to deliver fax but I got that error.
Any other clue?? I understand that fax is no longer popular but... ;-)

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag