Re: VMware server cannot run on FC6

On 10/26/06, Andy Green <andy warmcat com> wrote:
>> (don't worry about the grubby warning)  then added back in the i686
>> stuff we just downloaded
>>
>> rpm -i kernel*.rpm
>>
>> On reboot, the previously compiled module "just worked" without a
>> recompile, now it had an i686 arch kernel to get into.
>
> Did that, but now the /boot directory is empty and FC6 does not boot.
> Any ideas?

You did rpm -i the i686 kernel packages in, right?  Is /boot mounted?
Because you should at least see a grub subdir in there (I assume you are
looking having booted "linux rescue" off the install media)

Yes, I did install i686 kernels, and I am looking to the /boot
directory from a FC4 partition that I have on the same computer. I
have mounted the FC6 partition with the command:

mount -t ext3 /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /mnt/fc6

Any ideas?

Paul