rpmdb: PANIC: fatal region error detected; run recovery

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Thu Oct 26 16:09:34 UTC 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:39:53 +0200, "Chitlesh GOORAH"
<chitlesh at fedoraproject.org> opined:
> On 10/26/06, David Cary Hart <hidden> wrote:
> > This happened to me yesterday and - while that appears to solve
> > the problem - the db is incomplete.
>

> What do you mean by incomplete ?
>
> chitlesh
Packages installed, dependencies met by those packages are not seen
by rpm.

While my DVD passed the lengthy media test, I suspect that some files
were bad. I also have MANY FC5 remnants.

SOLUTION: LAN yum repository(s). Yum update then corrects all the
problems. Quite the mess though. NBFD; Kind of like the Sunday Times
xword.

--
      Do NOT Send Email to <spam trap> Fedora at TQMcube,com
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam at The Source: http://www.TQMcube.com