Introduction Email with a plea for help :-(

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Fri Oct 27 00:10:17 UTC 2006

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Obviously this worked for someone , but when I go to the web addresses
> indicated for mirrorlist the site does not exit. Where
>  I gone wrong.

If you're visiting the site by clicking (or copy/pasting) the URLs
posted in Andy's e-mail, they surelly wont work, since they contain
$basearch and $releasever. Yum automatically replaces $basearch with
i386 (or x86_64 if your system is 64 bit) and $releasever with 5 (or 6
if you already have FC6 installed).  So, if you replace the values in
the URL, you get something like
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=core-5&arch=i386 ,
which works.

--