A humble suggestion for Fedora

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Oct 27 13:33:10 UTC 2006

Thierry Sayegh De Bellis wrote:

> Timothy Murphy wrote:
>> Wouldn't it be nice if the Fedora installation
>> asked for some feedback ...?
>>
>> Eg, "Did you find installation easy (on a scale of 1 to 5)",
>> "What problems (if any) did you have: None, Reading CDs, ...",
>> "Do you any suggestions for improvement".
>>
> Lord have mercy! no no no no no no no no
> Let's not get dragged into this trend of software asking for feedback,
> it's a real pain and I would consider this on the same level as Spam.

I'm not suggesting the responses are sent to a newsgroup, or mailing list.
I'd suggest that there is some person in the Fedora system
concerned with user experience.

My impression is that the Fedora people,
and in particular the Anaconda team,
have very little idea what proportion of people
have problems installing Fedora,
or what problems they have.

In my view this is a fairly serious weakness in the Fedora setup.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366