Bittorrent download rates?

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Fri Oct 27 20:56:37 UTC 2006

I'm downloading FC6 and am curious what sort of download rates you
guys are getting.  Mine is really slow about 6-8kb/s.  I've forwarded
the ports in my router from 6881-6999 so I think that part is OK.  I
get a lot of errors in the Bittorrent log, about one every few
seconds.  Is that normal?  My Linksys router shows a lot of
Connection Refused - Policy Violation messages in the incoming log.
The ports are often 6881 on the remote end and not in the 6881-6999
range on my end.  I assume that these have something to do with
Bittorrent but I'm not sure what.  I would like to improve my
performance a bit, I've been downloading for several days and it says
I have 5 to go :-).

It is also possible that my ISP is throttling these connections.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Knute Johnson
Molon Labe...