tty oddness since upgrade to Fedora Core 6

Eric Mader emader at icu-project.org
Sat Oct 28 00:43:12 UTC 2006

Elaine Normandy wrote:
> Yesterday, I upgraded my desktop to Fedora Core 6:  an upgrade, not a clean
> install.  Since then, when rebooting, I find that at the end of the boot
> sequence I am looking at one of the text tty's, not the gdm screen.  I can
> get to the gdm screen by pressing Alt-F7.  Is there a way that I can boot
> directly to the gdm screen.  I am in runlevel 5, and Xorg and gdm are
> running, I just don't see them until I hit Alt-F7.

I'm seeing the same thing. I just booted today and ended up in the gdm
screen. I though perhaps one of the updates I installed yesterday fixed
the problem, so I tried rebooting a couple of times to see if the
problem really was fixed. The next time I also got the gdm screen. The
third time, I got tty1. Perhaps it's some sort of a timing problem?

Regards,
Eric