digital camera Q

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Oct 28 02:36:06 UTC 2006

Dotan Cohen:
>> Snails have one foot. People have two. Dogs have
>> four. I've _never_ heard of anything with three feet!

I don't think that's the basis.  When I look at ye olde measurements,
there's one thing that I do notice, the unit sizes are convenient sizes
to measure things in.  The inch is not too big, not too small, quite a
good base unit for measuring something in.  Likewise, with the foot, and
being reasonably good at estimating the size of things bigger than a
foot.  A yard, as the next size up, is a convenient length to measure
certain things with.

I read messages from the public lists.