Re: cant get out with anything other than firefox

On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 08:42 +0800, dsc21b people net au wrote:
> the internet connection is working fine - firefox and other computers
> access the internet ok, on all levels.
> firefox is working fine, web mail is all i can use

The first thing I'd do is compare /etc/resolv.conf between the different
computers.  Perhaps the non-working one doesn't have your nameservers in
it, and firefox is either continuing to work with what it already knows
about, or goes through a proxy (proxies can resolve addresses for
browsers).

I read messages from the public lists.