FC6: yum problem

dpet activecs at activ8.net.au
Sun Oct 29 23:50:59 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-29 at 18:31 -0500, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:

> >dpet wrote:
> >       Yum worked well until I "did something"!
> > I have tried re-installing various things, but can't get away from
> the
> > following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 29, in ?
    yummain.main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 85, in main
    base.getOptionsConfig(args)
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 199, in getOptionsConfig
    errorlevel=opts.errorlevel)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 123, in
doConfigSetup
    startupconf.pluginconfpath)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/__init__.py", line 252, in
doPluginSetup
    plugin_types, confpath)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/plugins.py", line 129, in
__init__
    self._importplugins(types)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/plugins.py", line 170, in
_importplugins
    self._loadplugin(modulefile, types)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/plugins.py", line 186, in
_loadplugin
    module = imp.load_module(modname, fp, pathname, description)
  File "/usr/lib/yum-plugins/stablemirror.py", line 145, in ?
    from repomd import repoMDObject, mdErrors
ImportError: No module named repomd

> I'm guessing the repomd python module might no longer be on your
> system
> and this appears to be part of the yum rpm itself. It might be worth
> manually downloading the latest yum rpm for your FC version from this
> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/
>
> and reinstalling it with:
>
> rpm -Uvh <theyumrpm> --force

	Thanks for the prompt reply, Ian.  Sadly I had already tried that, but
have just repeated it with no improvement. I have also forced all the
packages with "python" in the name too, just because I don't really know
what it is complaining about.

DP
Adelaide South Australia