FC6 install hangs on HP Proliant ML310 G3

GianPiero Puccioni gianpiero.puccioni at isc.cnr.it
Mon Oct 30 14:29:11 UTC 2006

Hi,

I am trying to install on a HP Proliant ML310 G3 with two SATA disk with RAID
mirroring but FC6 hangs just after starting the graphical interface (the X
appears and that's it). I tried a text install but it hangs anyway.

I tried FC5 and it started everything right but it couldn't see the RAID but
only the two disks separately. FC6 seems to recognize the RAID device and loads
AHCI (FC5 didn't, I think) but the result is worse as I don't even get the
openening screen. It seems to give some ACPI errors (tried disabling ACPI from
the BIOS to no avail) and something about "cpuindex", I read that sometimes
there is a problem recognizing the CPU type but I don't know what to do.

Any advice?

Thanks,
GianPiero
--
GianPiero Puccioni                    | Istituto dei Sistemi Complessi - CNR
E-Mail: gianpiero.puccioni at isc.cnr.it | Via Madonna del Piano, 10