adding text to JPEGs, in bulk

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 22:24:57 UTC 2006

On 9/15/06, Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an easy way to add some text to a collection of JPEGs?  For
> instance, I'd like to stamp the words "PROOF" across a collection of
> JPEGs I'm showing someone to pick out which ones they'll buy copies of,
> showing them a full sized, full quality, version of the images, but ones
> that they can't just nick.  I really don't want to have to hand modify
> each image in turn, there's about 300 of them.
>
> --
> (Currently running FC4, occasionally trying FC5.)

> --

Hi Tim!

The GIMP can do this using batch processing.  Setting it up would be
non-trivial but once it was going it would be very easy to use.  Also,
you could do something more like "water marking" as for how the text
could look and it could thereby take up a lot of the picture but still
be useful.

Good Hunting!

Tod